Pinnacle Venue Services’
Red Team Assessments
In the security world, the term Red Team is commonly used and known. However in the entertainment industry this a fairly new phrase that venue managers and professional organizations are starting to hear more and more each day. With the security landscape constantly changing for venues and professional teams they must continuously update and enhance their security operations to be effective. A Red Team Assessment is one way to stay up to date with the changes.
What is a Red Team Assessment?
Red Team Assessments are a quick and efficient way for organizations to understand the effectiveness of the security measures put into place during event day or normal business operation. Red Team Assessments are unannounced audits performed by experienced venue security professionals who evaluate the security apparatus of the venue by attempting to beat the security measures put into place by the venue. Assessments can be completely customized to evaluate the areas determined by the venue, but typically include the following:
- Compliance with league security guidelines
- Ability to access critical infrastructure (i.e. HVAC, Emergency Generators, Water Supply, Etc.)
- Ability to enter the facility with prohibited items (i.e. knives) via the current screening process
- Ability to access critical areas of the arena without the proper credentials (i.e. Back of House, Locker Rooms, Loading Dock, etc.)
After the completion of the Red Team Assessment, Pinnacle Venue Services will issue a comprehensive report to include pictures and videos of the team’s findings. The detailed report includes an easy to understand comprehensive scoring system detailing the venue’s performance in each areas being evaluated. Pinnacle Venue Services' Red Teams are currently being utilized by organizations such as the NBA, NHL and select MLB teams and can be used by arenas to assist with Safety Act Certification.
Benefits to Organization
Pinnacle’s team identifies vulnerabilities of the overall security apparatus from independent, experienced venue security professionals. By identifying the vulnerabilities and preventing incidents, organizations can find solutions to issues before an incident occurs. The Red Team Assessments provide protection and ensures the safety of all assets including staff, patrons, and infrastructure.
Why We Are Different
- Assessments are completed by industry professionals that have a minimum of ten years of experience managing security departments within the sports and entertainment industry
- Detailed report including video and pictures of red team attempting to beat the security apparatus
- Our teams have performed more Red Team Assessments on professional franchise venues than any other company
- Pinnacle’s understanding of best practices to help the venue create a scoring system that provides measurable data
If you would like more information on our Red Team Assessments, contact me at SAnderson@Pinnaclevs.us